Senior Jalen Milligan was selected as one of 20 recipients of the Foot Locker Scholar Athlete Scholarship. She was recognized by Foot Locker representatives on Thursday during the innaugral J.A.M. Relays Track & Field Day for 5th and 6th grade students at Mark Mascho Field. Jalen will receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for her excellence in school, on sports teams, and in the community.
”We received over 37,000 applications, and Jalen genuinely stood out as an exceptional student-athlete who’s demonstrated promise on the field, in the classroom, and in her community,” said Kaila, a member of the Foot Locker Scholar Athlete Team.
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program, the applicant must:
- Embody good sportsmanship and strong moral character. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes are trusted and respected members of their schools and communities. They have built strong relationships with and will leave a lasting impact on other students, administrators, and community members.
- Be passionate and committed to empowering the community in which they live. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have made a significant long-term commitment to improving the lives of others.
- Be a confident and enthusiastic leader. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes aren’t reluctant role models. They are poised, honest, and passionate leaders who take on challenges for the greater good.
- Display academic excellence. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes are intellectually curious, set high academic goals for themselves, and excel in their studies.
- Come from a diverse background. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have unique life stories, are from different places, have varied academic ambitions, and play a wide range of sports.